3.7.16

Rooftop Reverie & Ocean Overture

Have been tardy this year updating my blog but have to really set down to do so, because these 2 paintings from my Untitled series completed earlier this year have sold :)

The nights always seem so full of possibilities to me, especially from aloft a rooftop which I would dearly love to do myself and dangle away on a carefree evening into an endless night of reverie. So it is that a magical fairytale journey unfolded with this one, inspired by a photo that I took of Barcelona's beautiful architectural backdrop from Gaudi's Casa Batlló.  And with it, the musicians and creatures start to creep in. And it is what your imagination wants it to be..

Speaking of music, the second piece had to do with my ambition to be a composer many moons ago which was somehow linked inextricably to many a sojourn to the beach. So the idea of a sea overture with my little girl protagonist conductor was born, with dolphins and whales performing in symphony with the swirling winds of musical notes.  

Lastly, my Untitled series was recently featured in an interview with Naorococo, an art news portal cum online gallery, where I shared my inspiration for these whimsical paintings. I don't think I am done with the series yet but let's see how it goes :)

Title:  Untitled 10 (A51) 
Description: Whimsical blue painting of girl at rooftop watching a magical fantasy night unfold over a european cityscape of chimneys, pied piper music and a flying witch. 2016. 
Medium: Acrylic on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 
Dimensions: 76 x 76cm.

SOLD.

Title:  Untitled 9 (A50) 
Description: Whimsical ocean fantasy painting with little girl conductor, sea waves, dolphins and whale in lively reverie of vintage music notes. 2016. 
Medium: Acrylic on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 
Dimensions: 76 x 76cm.


SOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment