17.7.09

Cloud Series ~ The Log


My 1st series!!! Well, at least I'm calling it so - zee Cloud Series. I've written about how this piece came about before (see current work post) so I will not repeat.

The reference pic was taken at my 2nd backpacking trip, and one of my best trips, to the Canadian Rockies which seemed like eons ago now. I was trudging around Tunnel Mountain at the Banff National Park in dramatic conditions (i.e. trying desperately not to be blown off) when I came across this fallen tree log and was dumbfounded by the scene, with the golden brush rustling against it up into the horizon where ominous clouds gather above the hint of the Voodoos glacial mountains in the distance. I had a wonderful adventure at the Rockies with stunning scenery aplenty but in terms of intensity, this pic best captures the tintillating wilderness of the elements of mother nature in this beautiful region. And it was with this intensity in mind that I laid the thick knife strokes and bold colours.

I'm proud to announce that this painting will be shown at the 6 perspectEVEs exhibition on 4 ~ 28 August 2009 at The Art Loft @ Volvo.



Title: Cloud Series ~ The Log (O15,SA6)
Description: Capturing the dramatic tension between the elements at the Canadian Rockies. 2008.
Medium:
Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 50 x 40cm.


1 comment:
jeffrey said...
"The Log" is captivating!

No comments:

Post a Comment