15.9.15

Whimsical Little Girl series

Two more paintings for this Untitled series. Very different themes and places and time as well, but with a bit of personal connection to it. 

The nostalgic bicycle painting is inspired by snatches of childhood memories of a funny incident on my first day to kindergarten. On the day before, I couldn't decide which schoolbag to use so I kept packing and unpacking between the two. The next day, on excitedly reaching school, I found that I brought the wrong one ;p

I had wanted to do a green woods piece for some time, which became the second painting, an enchanted story of a little ponytail girl running barefoot on a sunlit path in a magical forest.

Something that I would love to do myself.  And yes, with a dog. The joy of nature, the joy of trees, the joy of running, the joy of accompaniment, the joy of exploration, the joy of light, the joy of being alive.
Enjoy the pieces!

Title:  Untitled 5 (A46) 
Description: Bright nostalgic painting of chinese man on bicycle ferrying a ponytail girl hugging her schoolbag, with rustic tile wall backdrop and wooden window where a little suitcase sits. Inspired by a childhood memory of my first day to kindergarten and found I brought the wrong bag. 2015. 
Medium: Acrylic on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 
Dimensions: 76 x 76cm.


Title:  Untitled 4 (A45) 
Description: Whimsical green forest nature painting where a little girl runs with her dog in the woods, on a yellow sunlit path past beautiful trees. 2015. 
Medium: Acrylic on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 
Dimensions: 76 x 76cm.



Purchase at:  yen.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment