22.2.14

Sunset

Once in a while, my surrealistic tendencies overcome and it is with this experimental piece inspired by an inspiring sunset on Jeju island in Korea.    

Realism or even impressionism was the last thing on my mind when I painted the image.  Instead I saw shapes and symbols swirling in motion. I thought it wasn't going to work but I added the woman and it seemed to click.  So I persevered until the colours gel, brought back from the realm of disunity by the movement.


And then I stopped. My emotional outburst was over.  I am not even sure if I like it.  It is certainly different from the other korean pieces done so far.  But I think I will keep the piece.



Title: Sunset 夕阳 (O94)
Description: Shapes, movement and symbolism embody this bold soulful surrealistic landscape painting inspired by a beach sunset in Jeju, Korea, known for its haenyo sea diver women. Jeju Notes 2013.
Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 61 x 61cm.

Purchase at: yen.artfire.com

1 comment:
shelley whiting said... I love the wild and expressionistic style. Beautiul and lively work

No comments:

Post a Comment