11.2.13

Reykjavik

Reykjavik - it took me a long time to learn how to spell the most northernmost capital of the world ;p But the landscapes of the Icelandic terrain are definitely unforgettable. 

This was a distant view of the city from Perlan hill where the wintry shrubs gave a perfect frame to the unique Icelandic architecture, spires and all, with the faraway mountains and sea bay completing the composition that reminded me of an impressionist painting.

This was the scene I most wanted to paint from the trip and it was with great joy that I finally put paint to canvas, meddling with the colours and shapes until I think I got it right.. enjoy!



Title: Reykjavik (A40)
Description: Colorful landscape painting of the Iceland capital, with the city view from Perlan hill. Icelandic Series 2013
.
Medium: Acrylic on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 30 x 30cm.

SOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment