5.7.09

Mornington Peninsula ~ London Bridge

The trip to the Mornington Peninsula has got to be my most productive art trip ever because I continued to paint it long after getting home to Singapore, testament indeed to the wonderful lighting and strong colours of the place, the feelings it invokes and why it is a popular artist enclave.

I started this oil piece using brush and ended up with painting knife instead and this marked the start of several knife pieces. The setting is a dramatic arched rock shaped like a bridge, hence the namesake of the iconic bridge. While the view was stunning when we visited the coast, it was incredibly hot and well impossible to paint without fainting so we did the next best thing and took pictures ;p

First I did a sketch on acrylic paper in a tilted position like my photo which turned out well and then progressed to canvas. With the larger space, I wanted to do more to elicit the feeling of strong bright colours that the scene gave me, which I wasn't quite able to achieve until I started experimenting with the painting knife. There was no turning back after that.


Title: Mornington Peninsula ~ London Bridge (O12,SA3)
Description: My tilted impression of the dramatic London Bridge rock formation at the Mornington Peninsula. 2008.
Medium:
Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 60 x 50cm. SOLD.
Mini-Acrylic Work (with dark green cardboard frame) 27x21cm: SOLD


1 comment:
alice said...
I really like this one...


No comments:

Post a Comment