28.12.14

Winter Blooms & Wave

These 2 blue paintings came about after I realized I had one too many red art hanging in my room recently and needed to cool the balance ;p Unromantic initiative yet with surprising results as I never knew abstract art could be so exhilarating to do.  Especially the smaller Winter Blooms where everything clicked in one relaxing session.  It was also a return to my swishing brush strokes and organic movement, which others have remarked to me that this is my signature and they would love to see it again.

The art journey is an exploring one, never static at one particular style. And that is what makes it so interesting and keeps me going. I veer and experiment, if it works good, if it doesn't it's something learned.  I do not regret the journey, in fact I relish the ups and downs.  My Spanish journey for 2 years was about composition (most people thought it was architecture ;p), my Asian phase was about connection to my roots, and this Icelandic excursion was about paint, in abstract shapes and thick bright colors.


I may be ready to move on, to what I have no idea. But not knowing is what makes the painting journey so fun.  I used to backpack around the world for the thrill of unexpectedness.  Now my wanderlust is in art.

Title:  Winter Blooms (O114) 
Description: Beautiful blue floral abstract Iceland oil painting of flower blooms of nature on snow in the purple winter light, with swirling impressionistic strokes. Icelandic Series 2014.
Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 
Dimensions: 30 x 30cm.


Title: Wave (O115) 
Description: Icelandic-inspired dramatic abstract expressionist oil painting of blue purple wave with bold energetic swirling movement of the sea waters in Japanese zen art style. Icelandic Series 2014.
Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 

Dimensions: 61 x 61cm. 

Purchase at: yen.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment