22.9.14

Magic Fall

This little painting was inspired by a nature picture that I took on Japan's Nakasendo Way which has beautiful foliage and cherry blossoms falling like snow. I am told that the Nakasendo is stunning in autumn, and winter, and this is what I imagined it to be.  

It's been a while since I last painted autumn and with nary a thought, the strokes flow and it was completed in one session. There are imperfections but the whimsical feel is just right so I decided to stop. Yes, that beautiful feeling of joy at white flakes a-falling is just magical. No overwork needed.


Title: Magic Fall 秋雪 (O107) 
Description: Whimsical autumn forest impressionist painting with white bark trees against reds, orange and greens foliage, with falling snow drops inspired by travel scenery on Japan's Nakasendo Way 2014.
Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas. 

Dimensions: 61 x 61cm. 
Purchase at: yen.artfire.com


No comments:

Post a Comment