17.12.13

Wild Flowers

I seldom paint flowers, not sure why. Maybe because they are ephemeral in nature and I just love to admire them when I see, perhaps capturing in film but not more. I also adore wild flowers much more than the planted ones, because they bloom despite, because they are a privilege to catch, because they seem so free-spirited..  

One of the greatest joys trekking the Jeju Olle Trails was chancing upon these wild flowers that dot the varying nature landscape all over the island.  They are a constant, like the waves and the black rocks. And they never fail to bring a smile to my face :)  

So I am inspired to paint a piece on flowers again, however cliche the material ;p It's just a much treasured image of my memories of Jeju - the carefree feeling of simple joy that it brings me - that I'd like to capture as a momento beyond film



Title: Wild Flowers 野花 (O92)
Description: A colourful floral painting inspired by the wild flowers in Jeju, which brought many a smile to a hiker's face on the Jeju Olle Trails. Jeju Notes 2013.
Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 76 x 76cm.

Purchase at: yen.artfire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment