11.7.11

Soulful

Buildings have souls, or so I believe.  How can they not when they are created by the imagination of humans who surely would have infused their emotions into their handiwork?  How can they not when they blend into the earth and root their existence with nature for time immemorial, oft longer than its creators?  How can they not when real living families dwell within their healing shelters and whisper untold secrets into the walls?  
And so it was that these beautiful dwellings spoke to me when I chanced upon them by the river in the lil' town of Samos, famed for its monastery on the Camino route. And I had to render it thus.

Title: Soulful (O60)
Description: An emotive expressionist work inspired by riverside houses sitting prettily in the lil' town of Samos on the Camino de Santiago (Way of St James) pilgrim route. Spain Camino 2011.
Medium:
Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 80 x 60cm. 

Purchase at: yen.artfire.com

2 comments:

  1. I saw you on twitter and thought I would have a look. Your work is beautiful : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea. Glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete