23.5.10

101 Exuberance ( 101之喧哗 )


My friends and I had arrived in Taipei on a trip on Christmas Day and had a wonderful evening enjoying the lovely mood and festivity even though it was not an official public holiday there. The energy and exuberance of that night was best epitomized by a picture I took that had Christmas lights and decorations streaking and fusing with the city lights and the omnipresent Taipei 101 skyscraper, once the tallest building in the world, in the backdrop.

Hence, I aimed to capture the wondrous mood of the beautiful Taipei city on that evening with my strokes and colours on this abstract piece - colourful yet not gaudy, boisterous yet not rowdy, spectacular yet not bling - an exuberant city of clean good fun and bright youthful hope.

Title: 101 Exuberance (O31,SA32)
Description:
Taiwan Series. An abstract piece of the Taipei cityscape at night, with the ubiquitous Taipei 101. 2010.
台湾行台北“101之喧哗”。

Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 76x60cm

SOLD. 

2 comments:
ruping said...Beautiful artwork from a talented friend.

john williams said...
Bold and Vivid and I can feel the movement-well done-John

No comments:

Post a Comment