19.7.09

Approaching Storm II

The 2nd piece is based on a pic taken whilst I was in Bhutan doing the Druk Path Trek which is a 5-day trek from Paro to the capital Thimphu. Let's just say it was a very himalayan adventure ;p

I had a great time in Bhutan despite being ill initially and the nice feelings were to stay with me for a long time after. So when I did this piece, the pleasant feelings just translated into the peaceful pastels for the Paro Valley setting. I can't think of Bhutan without a smile on my face so even though this is an approaching storm scene, it emanates a message of peace and serenity.

This painting is also available at the 6 perspectEVEs exhibition on 4 ~ 28 August 2009 at The Art Loft @ Volvo.


Title: Approaching Storm II (O18,SA10)
Description: Peace and beauty prevails at Bhutan's Paro Valley even with creeping storm. 2009.
Medium:
Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 60 x 45cm.
Price: SOLD.

Mini-Acrylic Work (with dark green cardboard frame) 25x21cm: SOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment