23.3.09

Seascapes ~ The Rock


This piece was inspired by my trip to Scandinavia and the Norway Lofoten Islands. I arrived in crappy weather which was to persist the few days I was there until the morning of the day of my departure when glimpses of the sun finally appeared belatedly and the fog started to disperse. That was when I took a walk at the coast of Å where I was staying and fell in love with this little rock islet. So I took out my sketchbook and spent about an hour behind a rock wall hiding from the chilly winds and inking the scene.

Back in Singapore, I did the oil piece with the colours and strokes flowing freely, seeking to relive and capture the feel of that lovely morning at Å. Ironically, by the time I left the Lofotens, the sun was shining so brightly and the skies so clear and blue that it looked like the bad weather never was. Perhaps, my liberal use of bright orangey yellow was an unconscious reflection of that irony! This was also my 1st exhibited painting in a showcase of student works entitled "Colours of Life" at my art space on 4 ~ 5 Nov 2006.



Title: Seascapes ~ The Rock (O2,SI1)
Description: Inspired by the Norway Lofoten Islands. 2006.
Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 60 x 50cm.

SOLD.
1 comment:
cheri said...
Nice work with such bright and vivid colors. Keep up the good work.



Other works on Norway:











Title: Norwegian Alps (O9,SA2)
Description: Inspired by wintry scenery whilst on a train ride in Norway. 2008.
Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 60 x 50cm.
Price: SOLD. Mini-Acrylic Work
 (with biege-gold cardboard frame) 21x18.5cm: SOLD.



Title: Portrait ~ Norwegian Artist Kaare Espolin Johnson (O20)
Description: An ode to the artist whose works struck a chord with me when I visited his art museum in Kabelvag on the Norway Lofoten Islands. 2007.
Medium: Oil on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 50 x 40cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment