18.3.09

Glacier Valley At Franz Josef

This was one of my first landscape pieces after joining my art space, where I learned spatial (near-far) perspective and optical mixing, an impressionist technique that involves say putting 2 colours beside each other instead of mixing the pigments so that the intensity is retained. Except in my case I went riotous with the colours. It was great fun doing this piece :)

The reference photo (below), a shot from my trip in South NZ, looks quite different but it had evoked in me a sense of mystery and fantasy which invited me to run free with my imagination, at least colour-wise.



Title: Glacier Valley At Franz Josef (A1)Description: Evoking a sense of mystery and fantasy to this glacier valley scene at Franz Josef, South NZ. 2005.
Medium:
Acrylic on Ready-to-Hang Canvas.
Dimensions: 46 x 33cm.
Price: SOLD.


1 comment:
weishian said...
Glacier Valley At Franz Josef has a pretty modern touch, to me that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment